Hey there! I’m Cassandra Kali – a mom, a writer, and an Adult Child of Alcoholics.
As the daughter of a drug-addicted, schizophrenic father and an alcoholic, convicted felon mother, I grew up in an intensely dysfunctional situation and it had long-lasting effects on me.
Even though I did everything I could to “keep it together” and take care of everyone and make it all okay, I couldn’t outrun my trauma. No one can. Because no one can outrun themselves. Believe me, I’ve tried…
I hamster-wheeled through life trying to figure out why everything felt so hard while trying to make everything in my life look “pretty.” I did all the “normal” things people do – marriage, house, motherhood – but I still struggled. Then, a miscarriage in July 2010 pickhammered my heart open like a geode and set me on a path of healing that I could’ve never imagined.
In the years that followed, I’ve attended counseling, discovered energy healing, had another baby, found a family in Al-Anon, connected with my Higher Power, focused on my inner child, got divorced, & cried enough tears to equal the number of stars in the globular cluster, 47 Tucanae. Hint: that’s about 10 thousand. And I continue to learn, make mistakes, and grow.
Now, I’m openly offering to you my story of heartbreak, healing, & hope with the genuine wish that it will make you feel less alone and help you on your own healing journey. Within my writing, I’m sharing my experiences with healing and recovery, 12 step work, and all kind of relationships – as well as book reviews, fun freebies, tips, and so much more!
Can I just say how happy I am that you’re here?!
If all of this sounds good to you, go ahead and click here to get the latest insights, information, & inspiration – straight from me to you.
And I’ll be talking with you soon! ❤️
With all my Love,
Want to know even more?
Here are 10 Fun Facts
(We’re basically instant friends once you read this)
- I won the D.A.R.E. essay contest in elementary school. You need me to write down reasons why you should stay drug free, Mr. D.A.R.E. Officer? Oh, I have a few…
- I’m an ordained minister and yes, I’ve officiated a real wedding before.
- I went to college on a scholarship. I studied Health Education & Women’s Studies because I thought it’d help me “save” basically everyone I knew and then some. Spoiler Alert: It didn’t end up happening that way.
- One of my proudest accomplishments has been teaching my daughter how to read.
- After doing some inner child work, I now sleep with my stuffed rainbow leopard every night. Her name is Leola.
- I’ve performed a monologue in The Vagina Monologues before and I’ve even met Eve Ensler, the creator of the show!
- My dream job is to be just like Gramma Tala, the village crazy lady, from Moana.
- After many tests, retests, and discussions…I finally consider myself a Gryffindor. 🦁
- I have my Reiki Level 1 & Level 2 attunements.
- So far, I’ve cried about 17 gallons of tears while watching Call the Midwife.